Director Future City, City of Newcastle
The Newcastle Urban Renewal Strategy 2012 outlines opportunities for our city's growth to accommodate 12,000 more residents and 10,000 extra workers by 2036.
To help make our city a unique, vibrant destination, the Strategy includes:
- Major changes to public transport
- Identification of residential, civic and commercial precincts
- Public domain projects designed to kick-start redevelopment
- Innovative re-use of heritage buildings, and
- Creation of a people-friendly streetscape with outdoor dining and commercial activities, cycle paths and street plantings.
Judy is the Director Future City for the City of Newcastle and will present an overview of the Urban Renewal Strategy and opportunities for immediate activities to revitalise our CBD.